Fun Things to do with children in Kuala Lumpur covering the best Kuala Lumpur attraction for children situated either in the city or surrounding area. The location covering Genting Highlands, Kuala Selangor Fireflies and Malaysia Elephants Sanctuary. We selected this location due its uniqueness and travel distance from Kuala Lumpur. Besides that, we also looking for activity where parents and children can participate together during the tour.
Planning Things To Do With Children in Kuala Lumpur
Parents who travel with children in Kuala Lumpur should reserved one day of their holiday for their children having fun in their style. Before tourist planning things to do in Kuala Lumpur for their Children, few factor new to consider such as,
- Weather – Weather in Kuala Lumpur is hot and humid. Do all the activity in the early morning or late afternoon. Bring additional water and sun screen lotion.
- Location – Most of children attractions located in Kuala Lumpur city. Kindly check with your tour operator the travel time to destination if you need to visit the location out from the city.
- Children Age – The activity you choose must suitable with children age otherwise they do not enjoy it. Some Kuala Lumpur attractions for children required a minimum age. Kindly visit the respective theme park official website for aged recommended.
- Cost – Find the activity that suitable to your budget. Some of activity located out from the city required tourist the charter a Taxi for the whole day. Booked the tour that comes with meals, entrance ticket and transportation charges all in one. It’s might expensive on paper but it’s good for budgeting your holiday.
The Fun Things To Do With Children in Kuala Lumpur
1. Water Park
Two most popular water park in Kuala Lumpur. KLCC water park and Sunway Water Park. If you travel with Children aged 1 – 7 years old KLCC water Park is the best option because it free, located in the city and water level at the park its very shallow. Besides that KLCC Water Park comes with huge Children ground where parents can multiply activity with their Children. Alternately if looking for more advanced water park, tourist can visit Sunway Water Park at Sunway Lagoon situated about 30km from Kuala Lumpur. The Sunway Lagoon Park comes with Amusement Park, Extreme Park and Wildlife Park. Online ticket price RM102 for Adult, RM76 for Child.
2. Theme Park
Indoor theme park is one of the best activity tourist can do with children in Kuala Lumpur because you can do it without worry about the weather condition. Berjaya Times Square Theme Park situated at Berjaya Shopping Mall Jalan Imbi Kuala Lumpur where tourist can access by Monorail, Taxi or walking. Open daily 12.00 noon till 10.00pm giving an advantage for the tourist travel with Children visiting the Park without rushing. Ticket prices RM48 for Adult, RM38 for Children. Alternatively tourist can visit Genting Theme Park situated about 50km from Kuala Lumpur. The moderate weather about 2000 meter from sea level making Genting Highlands Theme Park the main attraction for family with children especially local resident from Kuala Lumpur.
3. Animals Park and Sanctuary
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park and Aquaria KLCC all located in the city. Due the location KLCC water park and Aquaria KLCC within 200 meter walking distance. Tourist able to combine both activity together without need taking others mode of transportation to travel. Visit KLCC Water Park in the morning had a lunch at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center then proceed to Aquaria KLCC. Alternately tourist can visit Bird Park Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia National Zoo to see different type of Bird and animals. Another option is by visiting Malaysia Elephants Sanctuary situated about 11/2 driving from Kuala Lumpur situated in Kuala Gandah, Pahang. Here, Children will able to hand feeding and bathing with the baby Elephants. Tour prices around RM210 for Adult, RM90 for Children.
4. Watching Fireflies at Kuala Selangor Fireflies Park
Watching fireflies in Kuala Selangor is one of the unique and the best outdoor activity tourist can do with the children in Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Selangor Fireflies Park situated about 1 hours driving from Kuala Lumpur. Tourist can access to Fireflies Park by Taxi or book a tour package from tour counter situated at the Hotel or online. The tour to Kuala Selangor fireflies is the combination with other activity such as visiting Batu Caves and feeding the Silver Leaf Monkey in Bukit Malawati. The tour normally took about 6 – 7 hours depending on itinerary provided by the tour operator. Tour cost about RM210 for Adult and RM90 for Children, tour package inclusive set Dinner and boat rental for watching fireflies Suitable age 4 years and above.
Proper planning and a little sacrifice from the parents made their holiday with children in Kuala Lumpur more fun and memorable. The children will remember and for a long time.