Planning things to do in Kuala Lumpur one of the most important element before buying an Airlines Ticket and booking the Hotel. With a proper and early plan, tourist will get best tour experiences with budget intact. When planning the activity, always look for uniques and not available in tourist home country. Do not expect any non-touristy things to do in Kuala Lumpur because all attractions in Kuala Lumpur has recommended in travel forum.
Points Need to Consider Before Planning Things To do in Kuala Lumpur
- Weather – Weather in Kuala Lumpur plays an important role in planning your holiday in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Normal tropical rain in Kuala Lumpur City starts around 3 – 5pm and last within 45 – 1 hours. Tourist must have a backup plan or alternate activity if rain happens.
- Traffic – Peak hours in Kuala Lumpur from 0730am – 0900am in the morning and 500pm – 800pm in the evening. Start the tour and come back before or after rush hours.
- Festival -As multi-racial society, Malaysia has quiet number of Festival and Public Holiday. During main festival and long school holiday most of the attractions in Malaysia regardless its located will crowded. Hotel room prices more expensive, hard to find parking, restaurant will too crowded and food quality effected. Travel time much longer than usual. Tourist can check the list of Malaysia Public Holiday Calendar.
- Opening Time – Most of attraction in Kuala Lumpur has operation time from 0830am to 600pm. Please consider travel time.
- Jet Lag – According to expert, the best way to fight with jet lag by sleeping follow local time. To prevent sleeping during day time, tourist can do some light tour such visiting the Museum or window shopping in the mall.
- Staying Duration – How long to stay in Kuala Lumpur? The answer is very subjective. Personally I will say maximum four days. One day to do a tour in the city, second and third day doing some day tour outside of Kuala Lumpur. Fourth days for relaxing, do some shopping, trying local food and observe local people.
Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur in One Day
Suggestion tour itinerary for tourist planned to spend one full day in Kuala Lumpur City. Tour program cover landmarks, worship and shopping area in Kuala Lumpur City.
Option 1 – By Public Transport such Hop On Buses or Taxi
- Photoshop or visiting PETRONAS Twin Towers Sky Bridge and Level 86 Observation Deck
- Get a Hop On Hop Off Buses at the front of PETRONAS Towers. The buses covering 41 attractions in Kuala Lumpur city including National Mosque, National Palaces, Kl Tower, China Town, Central Market and etc
- Visiting KLCC Park Water Fountain or Night Culture Show at Saloma Bistro
Option 2 – Tour Packages by Local Tour Operator
- Elderly and family with Children tourist can get Kuala Lumpur City Tour packages covering attraction in the city and countryside such Batu Caves and Putrajaya.
Option 3 – Combination Tour
- For active and couple tourist, they may consider doing combination Kuala Lumpur City and Fireflies Tour. Tour program privately organized suitable for Elderly and Children for efficiency and productive.
Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur with Children in One Day:
- Consider spending few hours in Berjaya Times Square Indoor Theme Park or in Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur in Two Days
Two days to spend in Kuala Lumpur tourist has some flexibility to do a tour in Kuala Lumpur or day tour from Kuala Lumpur.
- Day One: Spend time in the city visiting historical and attractions in Kuala Lumpur
- Day Two: Do day tours from Kuala Lumpur such Cameron Highlands, Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Center, Watching Fireflies, Forest Institute Research Malaysia. Besides that tourist may consider to do combination tour such Elephant and Fireflies Tour or Kuala Lumpur City and Fireflies Tour. Combination tour duration within 11 – 12 hours.
- For Couple: Consider combination Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation and Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Transportation Mode: Kuala Lumpur Tour Operator
Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur with Children in Two Days:
- Water Park such – Sunway Water Park
- Combination Elephants and Fireflies Tour
Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur in Three Days
Three days to spend in Kuala Lumpur. Tourist can do day trips from Kuala Lumpur or 2 days 1 Night tour from Kuala Lumpur.
- Day One: Stay in Kuala Lumpur City
- Day Two and Day Three: Do day trips from Kuala Lumpur such Malacca or combination 2 days 1 night Taman Negara Cameron Highlands Tour, Cameron Highlands 2 days 1 night trip
Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur with Children in Three Days
- Kuala Lumpur Bird Park or KLCC Aquaria
- Water Parks or Theme Park
- Visiting Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation
- Watching Fireflies in Kuala Selangor
Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur for Cruise Passenger
Most of the time, Cruise ship and Port Authority that determine the time for Cruise docked and departure. The schedule can be change; tourist has no control on time. The best suggestion we can give just stay in the city visiting attraction in Kuala Lumpur for the safe side. Don’t think about visiting Elephant Conservation Center, visiting Malacca or watching fireflies in Kuala Selangor.
All list things to do in Kuala Lumpur above is only suggestion to help the tourist planned their holiday in Malaysia.