One of the newest attractions in Kuala Lumpur is Our King Exhibition held in old National Palace. The exhibition, which is operated by the Department of Museums Malaysia was originally only for the period from 15 April to 15 June 2012 has been extended into a permanent exhibition. This exhibition shows the uniqueness of the Monarchy System practiced in Malaysia where the Sultan was elected become a King also known as Yang Dipertuan Agong by rotation system. Here, also the visitors get to see the profile of all 12 Sultan who had become the King, but the emphasis given to the current Yang Dipertuan Agong Almu’tasimu Billahi Muhibbuddin Tuanku Alhaj Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah Ibni Almarhum Sultan Badlishah from state of Kedah.
The main objective of Exhibition
- To clarify the role and position of the Institution of Yang di-Pertuan Agong and the concept of Constitutional Monarchy in the Parliamentary Democrary system of Goverment as practiced in the country.
- To introduce the Yang di-Pertuan Agong XIV and Her Majesty the Raja Permaisuri Agong to the people in conjuction with Majesty’s installation on December 13, 2011.
- To strengthen the spirit of patriotism and sense of undivided loyalty to the country and goverment of His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- To reflect the importance of Institution of Yang di-Pertuan Agong and the concept of Constitutional Monarchy as a pillar for sovereignty, peace, prosperity, harmony and the country development.
- To defend the glory and sovereignty of the Institution of Yang di-Pertuan Agong as practiced in this country.
The Exhibition is open daily from 9.00am – 5.00pm
Entrance is free, but fees apply if visitors bring cameras and video camera RM3 – RM5 per-camera.